Here at Jensen Security a lot of homeowners speak to us and ask us about boosting security around their homes. There are lots of things you can do to boost the security around your home. Below we have listed things that you can at home yourself. We have also put together some ways in which we can help you with boosting security around your home.
Have a read and see what you think;
How You Can Boost Security Around Your Home
- Garages and sheds and known for being full of expensive tools. Make sure your garage and shed doors are fitted with good locks. If you have a door that leads from your home to your garage, make sure this is always firmly locked. Double check shed and garage windows are firmly shut too.
- Large strong fences and big prickly bushes are a great deterrent for potential thieves. Think about this when landscaping your back garden. Back gardens are often a popular point of entry as thieves are less visible, but a large fence or a prickly bush can put them off.
- If you have a side gate, make sure it is high or has a deterrent at the top so thieves are not tempted to jump over it. Install a strong padlock on your gate. It needs to be strong enough to withstand a strong kick from a potential intruder trying to access your garden.
- Motion sensor lighting is a brilliant deterrent for burglars. They love working under the cover of darkness where they can’t be seen. However, your outdoor lighting removes the darkness and leaves the burglar looking for a different easy opportunity.
- Gravel driveways and paths make a home look great, but they have another benefit too. They can be noisy underfoot, especially in the dark of night. This can make it hard for burglars to approach your home silently when trying to commit a crime.
How We Can Help with Boosting Security Around Your Home
- CCTV cameras are a great deterrent for potential thieves. Having them visible around your home will show potential thieves you are not an easy target. It will also capture them around your property, and this can be given to the police or shown to local neighbours to make them aware of a potential security risk.
- Intruder alarms, just like CCTV cameras, are a great deterrent as they can be seen on your home. They will also trigger a very loud alarm if someone tries to gain access into your home. This will alert you and neighbours and leave the potential thief running for cover.
Need help with boosting security around your home? Call us now.