You will have seen from our recent blog posts that a Waking Watch Replacement Fund has been launched late January. However, many people may be wondering why they should install a fire alarm system rather than employ a waking watch patrol. In this blog post we share the benefits of a fire alarm system over a waking watch patrol.
If you think you should be installing a fire alarm system over a waking watch patrol, then call our team now. Or check out this series of blogs that talk about the Waking Watch Replacement Fund and how it could help you.
So, let’s look at the benefits of a fire alarm system over a waking watch patrol:
- A fire alarm system is a one-off cost upfront. There will then be some maintenance costs down the line, but that’s it. A waking watch patrol requires large monthly outgoings and fees.
- Unlike the naked eye, a fire alarm has the ability to detect signs of a fire. These may be behind walls or out of sight of your waking watch patrol.
- The fire can be detected much sooner with a fire alarm system. In turn, this means that the fire can be contained much quicker and the building can be evacuated sooner too.
- A fire alarm system has a built-in alarm. The great thing about this is that as soon as the smallest sign of a fire is detected, the alarm will sound. This will alert everyone in the building of the emergency. People in that building and surrounding buildings can then evacuate quickly and safely.
- You can set up your fire alarm system to automatically alert the fire brigade and emergency services if the alarm is triggered by a fire. This will be done quickly and automatically, so they fire brigade know where to respond to immediately. No phone calls will be required.
- It is possible to have a wireless version of your fire alarm system. This will not only speed up installation time, but it will also mean that fire barriers will not need to be penetrated so new cables can be installed and fitted.
- When you rely on a waking watch patrol you have the risk of ‘human error’. This risk is eliminated when you have a fire alarm installed. You do not need to trust the reliability of the person or people in charge of detecting a potential fire.
There are so many different types of fire systems that you can choose from. Our fire alarm installers can help you choose the one that is best suited to your building and your budget. If you are looking to apply for the Waking Watch Replacement Fund, let us know. We can provide you with a quote quickly, so you don’t miss out on the potential funding or the deadline.