Skip to main content
Fire SafetySmall Domestic Property

Why Co2 Detectors Are Important In Small Domestic Properties

By December 20, 2023No Comments

Why Co2 Detectors Are Important In Small Domestic Properties

Carbon monoxide comes from carbon fuel like wood, coal, natural gas and heating fuels as well as natural gas. It fails to burn completely, and while carbon monoxide isn’t dangerous when burned in an open area, it can be if there is not plenty of ventilation. Carbon monoxide can be extremely hazardous in confined spaces like kitchens, garages or basements for example. Carbon monoxide is very hard to detect without a sensor. This is what can make it even more dangerous. This is why Co2 detectors are so important in small domestic properties. They detect the carbon monoxide gasses that wouldn’t be detected otherwise.

There are several common sources of carbon monoxide gasses in the home. For example, fuel burning appliances like heating systems or water heaters. Consumer products like grills, and engine-driven tools like generators can also be a common source of carbon monoxide gas too. If you have or use these things within your small domestic property, you need a domestic Co2 detector in your home.

Carbon monoxide gasses in the home can be deadly. This is because it binds your red blood cells and starves your body of oxygen after passing it to your lungs. The early systems of carbon monoxide poisoning are headaches, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, dizziness and shortness of breath. These are all things that can be avoided by installing a C02 detector in the small domestic property. The detector will alert you of the presence of the gas in the home.

Co2 detectors are the fastest way to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning in small domestic properties. They can be installed throughout you home and just like a smoke or fire detector, they will alert you of a risk in your property. There are different types of alerts. Our domestic co2 detector installers can recommend the best one for your small domestic property.

Call us now for your free fire safety review of your home.