We all know that darker nights are coming as autumn and winter arrive. For many of us, this can mean a higher risk of burglary and theft for our homes and family. Here at Jensen Security we work with lots of homeowners and help them improve home security. Better home security is needed for darker nights. We want to help homeowners with that.
However many home owners come to us after they have been burgled. This does help ensure that they are not at risk of theft in the future. However, we want to help homeowners avoid being broken into the first time. We want to offer better home security for everyone.
We recently came across some stats by the Office for National Statistics, Thames Valley Police, The Telegraph, BBC, Halifax and Aviva. These home security stats are as follows;
- There is around a 26% increase in burglaries from homes between Halloween (31st October) and Bonfire Night (5th November).
- Each year sees a 63% increase in burglaries during the winter months. This is when the nights are darker and evenings get darker sooner.
- Most burglaries during winter will take place between 4pm and 7pm on the darker winter evenings.
- 60% of all house burglaries during the autumn and winter months will take place during the evening or night.
- The average cost of a winter burglary to the home owner is £2,263. Speak to our home security specialists to see how spending less than this amount on your home security, could save you this amount.
- Women of the ages 18 to 24 years old are at the highest risk of personal theft. This could be a home break in, attack on the doorstep or handbag / mobile phone theft while walking in the evening.
- Buildings insurance claims increase by 52% in November, due to criminal vandalism.
Research shows that homes with no visible home security are 300% more likely to be the victims of theft during the autumn and winter months.
Call us now to see how we can protect your home, reduce your risk of theft and improve your home security.