We came across some really interesting home security stats on Google that certainly made us think. We have picked out the most shocking home security stats to share with you as we think these will help you realise how important home security is to protect you, your home and your family.
Security Stats To Make You Think
- Homes without security systems are 300% more likely to be broken into than a home with a clear and visible home security system.
- Only 27% of people that have security systems in their home turn on their alarms when they go to bed. Based on the fact that most burglaries take place at night and under the cover of darkness, it really is important that you set your alarms each night.
- It is predicted that residential automation and smart security systems will increase by 64% over the next 5 years.
Do you have a home security system that protects your home and family?
As well as installing a security system for your home that includes intruder alarms, there are other things you can do to beat those burglars. We have listed some of the tips below for you.
How To Beat The Burglars
- Getting a pet dog can be a really good home security measure. A loud bark from a dog can often be enough to deter a potential burglar from breaking into your home. The barking of your dog can also attract you to a potential thief entering your home.
- Improving the security throughout your home is a great way of slowing down a potential burglary which could leave the thief leaving your home and trying somewhere else. Heavy duty locks on your doors and windows are a great idea.
- Installing a CCTV camera outside your home is an excellent deterrent for potential criminals that don’t want to be caught on camera. Think about where to place your camera to get the best view if a break-in was to happen, but also the best place to deter potential thieves.
- Putting up signs on your windows or doors that ‘warn’ potential criminals that your home is secured is a great deterrent. Something as simple as a sign that says “Smile, You’re On Camera” can work just as well as a more formal warning.
- Timed lighting in your home are great ways of making potential thieves think you are home. You can time them to come on when you’re out, working late or on holiday.
If you think your home security needs improving, call our home security specialists. We can review the security measures in your home and recommend ways that they can be improved.