As fire safety specialists in Cambridgeshire, we know that deciding to upgrade your fire detection system is a big decision. This is the same for any business, big or small. Dependent on the size of your business premises, upgrading your fire detection system can be costly.
In this blog post we look at why you need to upgrade your fire detection system now. All you need to do is answer the questions below. If you answer ‘yes’ to most of these questions, then now is the time to upgrade your fire alarm systems.
- Has more than ten years passed since the installation and commission date of your existing fire alarm system?
- Have you noticed that your fire safety maintenance costs are increasing as each year goes by?
- Has your alarm system maintenance contractor mentioned how tricky it is becoming to source the replacement parts and components for your fire protection system?
- Does the software for your system run on a version of Windows operation system without official support from Microsoft?
- Have you made extensive alternations or extensions to your business premises that means that new layout of your business would mean the redesign of your entire alarm system?
- Are you experiencing an increase in the frequency of false activations which have led to building evacuations, warnings from fire service, increased insurance costs, etc?
- Have you noticed reduced fire protection system reliability and have been recommended a fire alarm system upgrade by your insurance provider?
For many companies it may just be one of these things that convinces you to upgrade the fire protection system for your business. However, if you are ticking most of the boxes and ticking more than 1-2 boxes, you need to consider upgrading your system without delay.
Call our fire safety team to discuss upgrading your fire detection system now.